Thursday, May 26, 2011

Scary couple of days

On tuesday I had one of the scariest days of my life, there I am getting the kids ready, I was having trouble breathing, a certain feeling that something was very wrong. My chest was tight and suddenly I thought that I was having a heart attack and I all I could think about was to get the kids to school so they would not have to see thier father pass out and my 6 year old daughter have to call 911 or me call 911 and have them see thier father get wisped away in an ambulance. My wife, oh my poor wife in San Diego gets a call from me at 3:30 a.m her time, what a shock to her system when I call almost in tears, actually scared for my life at the time. Sorry babe. But it is thursday and I am writing this so I am still alive and kicking, what a time. Two long days laid up in the hospital wired up to machines, all types of chest x-rays, stress test (which I passed with flying colors I might add) blood tests and worst of all my kids and wife worrying what was happening to thier father/husband. In the end it all had to do with my acid reflux or GERD which can get so bad that it will give you chest tightness and pains which at times mimic that of a heart attack. I have to say that I was very scared, I try and do all the right things health wise and thought that there was no way that this could be happening, luckily it wasn't. To all my friends and family, this is why you take the time everyday to tell your loved ones just how much you love them and that you cannot take them, or life for that matter for granted. Go out of yor way to show your love, kiss them before you leave tell them you love them, cause in the blink of an eye it could all be over and why have regrets, when it would have taken you two extra minutes before you leave to kiss them and tell them you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment